Additional learning at Home Opportunities for AES TK/K
- Read every day for 20 minutes. Remember you should all have little paper books and or poem binders.
- Check for understanding the story/comprehension
- Who are the characters, make a prediction, what was your favorite part, retell the story in order, was there a problem and solution
- Make flashcards out of blank paper. Make one for each letter.
- Focus on letter name
- Focus on letter sound
- Use the cards to build sight words
- Use the cards to make CVC words ex: cat, lot, pan….
Writing (Writer’s Workshop):
- Write one or more simple sentences that may form a story.
- Draw a picture of your story, label your pictures
- Sorting, have your child help sort the laundry, toys, legos, etc. which has more, less, or equal
- Make patterns with legos, toys, clothes, etc.
- Counting objects
- Sing days of the week and months of the year
- Practice simple addition and subtraction with one digit numbers
- Find and name 2 dimensional and 3 dimensional shapes around your house
- Remember to get physical activity daily, you can do some indoors and outdoors activities
- Limit screen time
- Play board games/card games/tic tac toe/puzzles etc.